Welcome Back: Jelly Fish CBD Rich Tinctures
May 31st, 2022
There are many ways to consume cannabis, one of which is through the use of tinctures. People choose to use cannabis tinctures for a wide variety of reasons, which we’ll cover today! While you don’t often see people using tinctures (smoking and edibles are more commonly talked about), there are many benefits to doing so.
What are Cannabis Tinctures?
For those new to the cannabis world, you might not be familiar with tinctures. Tinctures are one of many methods of consuming cannabis. Tinctures are alcohol-based cannabis extracts and were once one of the most popular methods of cannabis medicine in the United States.
They use alcohol as a solvent to extract the terpenes and cannabinoids (THC and/or CBD) from the plant. Tinctures come in glass bottles with droppers to ingest in a few different ways.
How to Administer Cannabis Tinctures
There’s more than one way to administer cannabis through tinctures. The most commonly suggested method is sublingual, which is Latin for ‘under the tongue’. It allows the cannabis to diffuse into the blood at a faster rate than other methods, delivering the desired results generally within 15-30 minutes.
This is possible because by going straight to the bloodstream, cannabis bypasses the metabolism in the gut or liver. Doing so keeps more of the dose intact and provides a higher dose than simply swallowing it.
Swallowing or adding cannabis from the tincture to your food or drink is another method of consumption. This takes much longer to have an effect (usually around two hours) and results in a more sedative effect due to the THC converting to a more potent form 11-hydroxy-THC.
Tinctures also allow for topical applications. This is best suited for those seeking a drying effect for acne, irritation, or injuries that are beneath the surface of the skin.
Benefits of Cannabis Tinctures
If you’re thinking about trying out tinctures, here are a few benefits to keep in mind:
- You have options – Because tinctures can be added to a wide range of foods and beverages, you’ll never get bored! You can always try something new or stick with adding it to your favorite foods and drinks.
- Precise dosage – Unlike smoking or eating an edible, tinctures are precise. You have more control over how much you’re consuming because you’re adding it drop by drop.
- Quick application – It’s easy and discreet to ingest cannabis from a tincture. You don’t have to worry about finding a place to smoke or dealing with the smell of cannabis afterward. Tinctures are also small, making them easy to bring with you just about anywhere.
- Shelf life – For those who don’t consume cannabis frequently, tinctures are great because of their long shelf life. They can last for years in a cool, dark place!
- Minimum effective dose – Because everybody reacts differently to cannabis, due to a range of factors, it’s good to know your minimum effective dose. That’s the smallest amount of cannabis needed to manage the condition you’re treating. This will ultimately save you money while keeping your tolerance low.
- Low calorie – When compared to consuming edibles, tinctures are great because they’re low calorie. If you’re trying to stay on top of your weight, it’s the perfect alternative!
- Many medical benefits – Tinctures can provide you with pain relief, help manage depression and/or anxiety, reduce cancer-related symptoms, manage diabetes symptoms, help with inflammation, and more.
About Jelly Fish Tinctures
If you’re thinking about cannabis tinctures, Jelly Fish tinctures are a great option!
It gives you the best of both worlds with a 13:1 ratio of naturally occurring CBD to THC. It’s perfect if you’re struggling with muscle or joint pain or feel off-balance and are looking to regain mental and physical harmony.
When you take the Jelly Fish Tincture, you can expect to feel chill, relaxed, and smooth. The flavor is citrusy, floral, and earthy and it’s intended to be used post-workout, to de-stress, relax and recover.
Jelly Fish tinctures is a full spectrum extract that’s taken directly from our Jelly Fish flower (that received worldwide recognition through the 2022 Emerald Cup Awards). It also contains some of the highest concentrations of CBD on the market, which is great if you’re after a strong effect.
The tinctures come in two sizes – 15ml and 30 ml, depending on how often you plan on using the tincture.