Cannabis-infused Friendsgiving Recipes
Posted November 19th by Kelly Graham
Everyone loves an excuse to get together with pals, smoke a few (or many) joints, and stuff their faces with delicious food.
Which is why Friendsgiving is one holiday we look forward to each year. Not only is it a chance to get super lit, but it’s also the perfect time to show your friends how much they mean to you—and there’s no better way to show your appreciation than a weed-infused meal.
In this article, we’re sharing a few of our favorite cannabis-infused Friendsgiving recipes to make your day an unforgettable one. Just whip up a batch of cannabutter or THC-infused coconut oil with our flower beforehand and you can make your wildest culinary dreams come true.
Cannabis-infused Pumpkin Spice Latté
Some might call it basic, but we call it delicious. This frothy latte is an energizing way to start or finish your Friendsgiving feast with an herbal twist. It gives you the sweet taste of pumpkin pie balanced with the bitterness of freshly brewed coffee, making it a well-balanced, sippable treat. This recipe is incredibly adaptable so feel free to make your latté decaf or put a unique twist on it to make it your own.
(Makes about 2 cups)
- 16 ounce hot coffee
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil/cannabis-infused coconut oil (ratio of coconut oil to cannabis-infused coconut oil depends on your desired dosage)
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or a mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves)
- Healthy pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey to taste
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until frothy and there’s no visible separation.
- Pour into a festive mug of choice and top with whipped cream. Bonus points if you sprinkle a dash of cinnamon over top.
Cannabis-infused Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
Love it or hate it, sweet potato casserole is one of the most popular holiday sides around town. It’s sweet, it’s nutty, it’s indulgent, it’s comforting, and it’s truly everything you want on a fall day.
If you’re not a marshmallow fan, you can omit them if you’d like, but we’re going to go the full monty for this one. All you need is a wedge of cannabutter to give this classic side dish a 420 twist.
Ingredients (Makes about 8 servings)
For the Sweet Potatoes
- Oil/Cooking spray
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter/cannabutter, melted (ratio of butter to cannabutter depends on your desired dosage)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk (plant-based is fine)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Topping
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup AP flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnut)
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9-x-13″ baking dish.
- Then, put the sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with water, leaving at least one inch of extra space. Bring the water to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft, usually about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly before transferring to a large bowl.
- In the bowl, stir together the sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, cannabutter, vanilla, milk of choice, eggs, cinnamon, and salt until smooth. Pour into the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, flour, and butter until it starts to clump. Fold in the pecans with a wooden spoon or silicon spatula. Then, gently spread the mixture over potatoes until everything looks evenly distributed. Top with mini marshmallows.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until baked and golden—and then it’s time for you to get baked.
Cannabis-infused Apple Crumble Recipe
Trade in a traditional apple pie for this beginner-friendly apple crumble without sacrificing any of the fall vibes. With the taste of cinnamon and spice and everything nice in each bite, this dessert is an instant Friendsgiving staple. Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ll never go back to regular apple pie every again.
Ingredients (Makes 1 pie)
For the Apple Filling
- 2 lbs green apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Crumble Topping
- 1 cup rolled oats or oatmeal
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter/cannabutter, melted (ratio of butter to cannabutter depends on your desired dosage)
- Healthy pinch of salt
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Place the peeled and sliced apples in a bowl. Sprinkle with flour, sugar and cinnamon, then pour over lemon juice. Toss until apples are well-coated, then spread out evenly in a 8X8 baking dish.
- Place topping ingredients in a bowl. Mix until clumps form, until it resembles wet sand. Evenly spread over the apples, breaking the clumps apart as needed.
- Bake for roughly 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. This helps the apple filling come together.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to take things to the next level.
Read up on our Fall Cannabis Strains.
Kelly is a creative multi-hyphenate and chef with an affinity for all things weed. She currently lives, works, and bakes in sunny Los Angeles, California. To see what she’s cooking up next, check her out at Not Your Mom’s Kitchen.